The No Barriers Boston Fund, launching on March 31 on Indiegogo, will provide Boston Marathon Bombing Survivors with Bionic Biom Prosthetics designed by Hugh Herr at MIT Media Lab: http://on.fb.me/1hSKJbc.
The Boston Marathon Bombings last year left many people with significant injuries and, in many cases, missing lower limbs. The horror of waking up with a different body as a result of a random act of terror should not be understated. Yet thanks to recent advances in prosthetic and rehabilitation technology by Hugh Herr, many of those who have suffered these devastating injuries have the hope of returning to a full and normal life: http://bit.ly/1nZlpaV.
The money raised on Indiegogo will specifically support limbs for athletic use, which can often be more expensive than a standard prosthetic and are often not covered by insurance: http://to.pbs.org/PJDGtS.
16 Notes/ Hide
- selvenknowe likes this
- hethatcures reblogged this from nobarriersboston
- nightpandaposts reblogged this from nobarriersboston
- illusionsofcybermind likes this
- badgxrlsadgxrl likes this
- javogm likes this
- cecile160 likes this
- mit-aikido likes this
- omgmariacamilla likes this
- jasonli likes this
- demanddesign likes this
- maianmar likes this
- charlie-berg reblogged this from designculturemind
- designculturemind reblogged this from borgfest and added:
- borgfest reblogged this from nobarriersboston
- borgfest likes this
- nobarriersboston posted this